Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Rock Music

I have never been a fan of rock music. Tonight on American Idol they featured music from the band, Bon Jovi. I really don't know why I never caught on to the rock craze. Growing up there certainly were enough bands that I should have liked. I found myself drawn to the sounds of The Captain and Tennille, The Carpenters, and Olivia Newton-John. My brother used to listen to The Beatles when I was young. I remember spinning like a record player in front of his full length mirror to the sounds of, "Listen, Do You Want To Know A Secret!"  I think I have always preferred a vocal solo to a guitar solo.  I also think  I have always been "melody crazy." If it's catchy... I'm all over it! I am still singing "You Had A Bad Day" from last season's American Idol!

No comments: