Friday, October 20, 2006

On A Clear Day You Can See Barbra Streisand

I am going to see Barbra Streisand this Sunday! I can't believe it! I saw her in concert in 1994 at Madison Square Garden and it was bliss! I hated the fact that I was so far back, especially when the show came out on DVD, but it was definitely a night to remember. When tickets came on sale here in Boston, I didn't even bother to look. I hate going to concerts and being far back from the stage. There was no way I could get tickets close to Babs, so I put it out of my mind. Just for fun I looked for tickets today on Ticketmaster...2 days before the show. I couldn't believe what I saw on my computer screen, 1 ticket in the 4th row!  I actually hesitated for a moment. The tickets are too expensive I thought. I can't justify treating myself to this. Finally, my "gay card" started to burn in my wallet. I realized that this is a chance of a lifetime and absolutely NO self respecting gay man would let this go by! I clicked on buy it! I have no worries now of being expelled from the gay community, I made the right choice and and am out and proud! Showtunes run thick, through my blood...I am at peace.

No comments: