Sunday, May 28, 2006

Skip The Da Vinci Code If You Read The Book

We saw The Da Vinci Code on Friday night with our friend, Danny. The theater was packed. I thought the movie was O.K. I really didn't picture Tom Hanks as the lead character when I read the book. He was better than I thought he would be. I The Da Vinci Code.jpgthink seeing the movie after you have read the book is very anticlimatic. There is little pay off. The sense of discovery that made the book fun is lost when you know the answers to the puzzles. We had a stupid couple behind us that kept saying what was going to happen before it did, so even if I forgot any twists they made sure to remind me...and everyone else. There was no stopping them. I did the "turn your head" around several times... even let out a loud "shush", but they were oblivious. At one point, I even said a "thank you", when they told me a character was going to die in a minute. People do not have consideration for anyone but themselves these days. It is really frustrating. As I thought with the book, the first half of the movie is the best. The story kinda loses me after they get to London. I really think that if you read the book, you can definitely skip the movie.

No comments: